This post may contain affiliate links. Any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you!
Spring is a great time to switch up your skincare routine, as the weather starts to get warmer and the air becomes more humid. Here are some tips to help you keep your skin healthy and refreshed during spring…
The spring is finally here. You can already feel it in the air. There are traces of it in slightly higher temperatures, in the slightly brighter sky, in people’s lighter mood, in new trends and new ideas.
Your skin also welcomes the end of winter and, with it, the end of the harsh conditions it had to go through. Your spring skincare routine should follow these changes. It is about time to get rid of the dull, dry skin we got over the winter and prepare our skin for the upcoming warmer months.
You only need a couple of alterations to make your skin bright and glowing. Here are all the steps you should adopt right now to make your skin ready for the time of light, swaying dresses.
7 Most Important Steps of Spring Skincare Routine
1. Gently slough off that dull layer
First things first – dry patches and dead skin cells need to go. Exfoliation removes that layer of dull skin and reveals new, young, healthy skin underneath.
Exfoliants also cleanse your pores, deal with ingrown hairs, refresh your complexion and give you that youthful glow. They encourage new skin cell growth and make your skin soft, supple and smooth.
Just keep in mind that your scrub needs to be gentle – too harsh products can damage even further the already sensitive skin. You can find here some of the best body scrubs on the market right now.
As for your face, products based on glycolic acid are gentle but efficient in dissolving the dead skin cells, minimizing imperfections and brightening the complexion.
2. Face masks for spring
You can now cut back on heavy masks. Keep using them once every two weeks; the rest replace with light hydrating, fruit and gel masks to brighten your complexion and add life to it.
Make sure that your mask contains hyaluronic acid. HA is an amazing humectant that replenishes the skin and keeps it bright, plump and supple. Vitamin C is also more than desirable – it is a powerful antioxidant that rejuvenates the skin and protects it against free radicals.
3. Choose lightweight everyday products
You still need a cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen at minimum. But the products that suited you during the winter might not work for you anymore.
For example, during the winter, our skin lipid barrier is at risk, so we opt for creamy cleansers. Now, you don’t need them anymore, so find a more spring-appropriate cleanser that should still suit your skin type and be gentle to your skin, but unlike creamy cleansers it won’t leave any oily residue on the skin.
You also won’t need heavy moisturizers anymore. Instead, a lightweight hydrating lotion, gel moisturizer or even a facial serum (such as some of these based on hyaluronic acid or the combination of niacinamide and vitamin C) might be a much better option for spring skincare.
4. Sunscreen is a must!
Though sunscreen is a must during the winter as well, in the spring, when it’s warmer and we tend to spend a lot of time outside, you should be even more vigilant about it.
A good sunscreen is light, non-comedogenic, doesn’t cause breakouts and goes well under daily makeup while protecting your skin from the sun. Apply it every morning and reapply every couple of hours.
Here’s a more extensive guide on how to choose a sunscreen that is perfect for you.
5. Your makeup should follow the spring skincare changes
What used to work in the past few months doesn’t work anymore. Heavy, dark makeup that went well with wool winter coats doesn’t match with light spring wardrobe. Check out some ideas for Spring/Summer 2023 Makeup Trends.
As for your skin, a heavy foundation can definitely do a lot of damage during this time of unstable weather and high humidity. You better leave that one acne not quite covered by light makeup than cause a dozen more to appear by clogging your pores.
BB creams, CC creams and tinted moisturizers are a perfect solution for spring skincare/makeup. They are light and hydrating, easy on the skin and provide just enough coverage to even out your complexion without making the mask effect.
6. Floral scented body lotions
Don’t limit your spring skincare only to your face – your body skin needs some pampering, too. But, just like with facial care, you don’t need any heavy products.
Though whipped body butters were oh-so-amazing during the freezing winter weather, now you may find your skin prefers something more lightweight, though still nourishing.
Try to get something that gets absorbed fast, so you can apply it, get dressed and be on your way. Something that will make your skin fresh and glowing all day long. And, of course, it needs to smell amazing!
Here are some great body lotions that are not too heavy but that are still nourishing enough to recover your skin after the winter.
7. Food makes half of spring skincare
Nature knows best, that is a fact. And there’s a reason why there are so many spring fruits and vegetables. They are here for us, to help us replenish all the vitamins and minerals we were lacking on during the winter. The comfort food time has come and gone; now it’s time to repair the damage.
You can try out this green smoothie or this peach smoothie – they are both amazing for your skin!
Plus, take a walk to the closest street market. Fill your bags with juicy, fresh-smelling, super healthy fruits and veggies. Include them in your everyday meals and they will visibly boost your energy and make your skin plump, youthful and supple.
What makeup can give you that?
Spring skincare in a nutshell
To sum it all up, here are the most important parts your spring skincare routine should cover:
- Exfoliate: Get rid of any dead skin cells that have built up over the winter by using a gentle exfoliant. This will help to reveal brighter, smoother skin.
- Cleanse: Your skin can get congested and dull during the winter, so it’s important to start the spring with a thorough cleanse. Use a gentle cleanser that removes impurities, but doesn’t strip away the natural oils your skin needs.
- Moisturize: Spring weather can be unpredictable, so make sure to moisturize your skin to keep it hydrated. Look for a light, non-greasy formula that won’t clog your pores.
- Protect: Don’t forget to protect your skin from the sun, even on cloudy days. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Refresh: Give your skin a refreshing boost with a face serum. This is especially useful during hot and humid weather.
- Use a tinted moisturizer: Tinted moisturizers provide light coverage while keeping your skin hydrated. Look for one with SPF to protect your skin from the sun.
- Eat well: Eating a healthy, balanced diet can help improve the overall appearance of your skin. Focus on foods that are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, such as leafy greens, berries, and nuts.
- Hydrate: It’s important to drink plenty of water, as this helps to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. Aim for at least eight glasses of water per day.
Have fun with your spring skincare and beauty routine!
There are many fun beauty tips that you can try this spring, but let’s just name a few:
- Experiment with bold lip colors: Spring is a great time to try out brighter, bolder lip colors. Try a punchy pink, orange, or coral for a fun and fresh look.
- Add a pop of color to your eyes: Try a colorful eye shadow or liner for a fun and flirty look. Bright blue, green, or yellow can be especially eye-catching.
- Get a fresh haircut: A new haircut can help refresh your look and give you a boost of confidence. Consider a lob (long bob), bangs, or layers for a spring-ready style.
- Try a floral fragrance: Replace your winter fragrance with a fresh, floral scent to match the spring mood. Look for scents that feature notes of rose, jasmine, or lily of the valley.
- Highlight your skin: Highlighter can help give your skin a glowing, radiant look. Try applying it to the high points of your face, such as your cheekbones and the bridge of your nose.
- Have fun with nail art: Experiment with different nail art designs, such as pastel polishes, floral patterns, or fun prints.
These are just a few of the many fun beauty tips that you can try this spring. Have fun and don’t be afraid to experiment with new looks and products!
These are the amazing and helpful skincare tips for spring and I try this thanks to providing this information.
Glad you found it helpful… ❤️