This post may contain affiliate links. Any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you!
Discover all the sweet almond oil benefits for skin and 5 amazing ways to use it in your skincare routine…
We all know how amazing almonds are. They taste amazing. They make a great healthy snack. And almond flour gives the best texture to your cakes and pies.
And if you squeeze the oil out of some almonds, that oil can be your skin’s best friend.
Sweet almond oil benefits your skin in many ways. Because of its nourishing properties, this oil is included in many commercial moisturizers.
Of course, you can use pure, organic sweet almond oil and make your own all-natural skincare products. But first, let’s see how exactly sweet almond oil benefits the skin and why you should be using it as often as you can.
Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil for Skin
Sweet almond oil is an extremely nourishing natural oil. It is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamins A and E, proteins, potassium and zinc. It is suitable for any skin type.
These are just some of the sweet almond oil benefits for skin:
- Sweet almond oil is an amazing anti-aging agent. It encourages collagen production and prevents fine lines and wrinkles.
- It is rich in antioxidants that protect your skin from free radicals and keep it youthful and supple.
- You can use it to gently and naturally cleanse your skin. Sweet almond oil easily penetrates your skin and cleanses the pores from dirt and bacteria.
- It is very soothing and nourishing to the skin. You can use sweet almond oil to calm sensitive skin and skin irritations.
- Its healing properties will recover and regenerate damaged skin. You can even use it to treat chapped, cracked skin.
- Sweet almond oil is one of the most moisturizing oils. Its fatty acids can treat even very dry skin, dermatitis or eczema.
- You can use sweet almond oil as a makeup remover or for the “double cleansing” method.
- It can help you lighten the skin under your eyes and get rid of dark circles.
- It is not likely it will clog your pores, so you can use this oil even on oily, acne and blackheads prone skin.
- Sweet almond oil gives you a skin that is supple, soft and smooth, nourished and well hydrated, firm, elastic, youthful and radiant.
If you want to try out all these benefits of sweet almond oil on your own skin, we have a couple of suggestions for you. Check out these amazing recipes bellow and use them regularly to get the skin you dream of…
1. Diy Sweet Almond Oil Face Mask
This DIY face mask is a great example of how you can quickly and easily use all the benefits of sweet almond oil for your skin. It is very soothing and nourishing, perfect even for sensitive skin. Use it once a week to completely restore and replenish your skin.
First mix the sweet almond oil and honey. Add just enough colloidal oatmeal to get the consistency that you like. Apply to a clean face. Leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes, then rinse the mask off and apply a face cream.
2. Diy Sweet Almond Oil Face Scrub
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
This is one of the best DIY face scrubs you can find. It is both gentle and powerful, very nourishing and regenerating. It will make your skin super soft, smooth and glowing.
Brown sugar will exfoliate your skin and remove everything that shouldn’t be there. Sweet almond oil and honey will restore your skin, protect and moisturize it.
All you have to do is mix all the ingredients well together. Apply the scrub to a clean face and exfoliate your skin using upward circular motions. Do this for about 5 minutes, then rinse the scrub off. Apply you face moisturizer while your skin is still slightly damp.
READ NEXT: 5 BEST DIY SUGAR SCRUB RECIPES
3. Diy Sweet Almond Oil Body Scrub
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- 2/3 cup coffee grounds
- 1/3 cup white sugar
The spring is almost here, and we need to refresh our skin and recover it from the winter dryness. This natural body scrub is perfect for that.
It is just harsh enough to effectively exfoliate all the dead, dry skin. It is also nourishing, encourages collagen production and new skin cell growth and makes your skin soft, firm and supple.
First mix the white sugar and coffee grounds. Then add just enough sweet almond oil to get the consistency of wet sand. Use this scrub during your shower once or twice a week to exfoliate your whole body skin.
4. Diy Sweet Almond Oil Anti-Aging Treatment
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 4 drops of carrot seed essential oil
- 1 – 2 drops vitamin E oil
This amazing anti-aging treatment raises the benefits of sweet almond oil for your skin to the next level. It is so rich in nutrients, moisture and antioxidants, it can completely transform your skin. It prevents and treats wrinkles and fine lines, plumps up the skin and makes it smooth and youthful.
Mix all the ingredients well together and store the mixture in a dark-colored glass bottle. Apply a few drops every night over your night face cream.
5. Diy Sweet Almond Oil Lip Balm
- 20g sweet almond oil
- 10g shea butter
- 10g beeswax
Just like the rest of your skin, sweet almond oil benefits the skin of your lips as well. You will love this lip balm – it is so much better than the commercial ones.
Melt all the ingredients in a double boiler. Remove from the heat. If you want, you can add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil. Pour the mixture into a small container and let it cool down. Use it just like you would any other lip balm.
So, that is how you can get all the sweet almond oil benefits for skin quickly and easily. Here are a couple more suggestions and recipes that use sweet almond oil: