This post may contain affiliate links. Any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you!
10 most important macadamia oil skin benefits, its uses in skincare and 5 best recipes using macadamia nut oil…
If you’re searching for your next favorite nut oil to include it into your skincare regime, you definitely should consider macadamia nut oil. Though all natural oils are amazing moisturizers, macadamia oil has some fantastic benefits for your skin.
Macadamia tree is native to Australia and its nut is crazy rich in monounsaturated fatty acids that nourish, soothe and protect the skin. Organic, cold pressed macadamia oil benefits the skin in many ways and can be used for any skin type, but it is most beneficial to dry and aging skin.
Here’s how macadamia oil benefits the skin and why you should be using it all the time:
Benefits of Macadamia Oil for Your Skin:
- Macadamia oil closely resembles the sebum that our skin naturally produces.
- This oil contains squalene, oleic and palmitoleic acid, which makes it a great natural moisturizer.
- It spreads well, the skin absorbs it easily and it doesn’t feel greasy.
- Macadamia oil nourishes and deep-moisturizes dry skin and gets you rid of dry patches.
- It also repairs the skin’s protective barrier, so it prevents future drying out.
- Macadamia oil is an amazing anti-aging agent that repairs the damaged skin, protects it against free radicals and prevents the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It is a hypoallergenic oil that can be used even on sensitive skin. This oil contains phytosterols that can help soothe itchiness and redness.
- It has amazing healing and regenerative properties, which is why it can be used to treat wounds, burns, cuts and scratches.
- Macadamia oil benefits the skin by keeping it soft, smooth and supple. It improves the skin’s elasticity and makes it plump and youthful.
- It has a mild sunscreen effect.
5 Best DIY Beauty Products with Macadamia Oil
Beauty uses of macadamia oil are endless. On its own, you can use macadamia oil as a face, body or hair moisturizer, cleanser, facial oil, makeup remover, hand and nail treatment, etc.
Or you can mix it with other quality ingredients to get some truly luxurious hair and skincare products, and here’s how:
#1 Diy Macadamia Oil Face Mask
- 2 teaspoons macadamia oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- 2 teaspoons finely ground rolled oats
This face mask is especially good for dry, damaged or aging skin. It is great for winter, or for every time your skin gets rough and flaky. It is soothing, hydrating and moisturizing. You can use it 1 – 2 times a week.
In a small bowl, mix the macadamia oil and honey. Add the aloe vera gel and mix well. In the end, add the oatmeal powder and mix everything until you get a smooth paste. If your mask is too thick, you can add some more macadamia oil; if it is too runny, add more oatmeal powder.
Wash your face using a gentle face cleanser. Apply the mask in as thick a layer as you can. Leave it on for around 20 minutes. Then rinse the mask off using lukewarm water and apply your face cream right away, to lock in the moisture.
READ NEXT: THE BEST DIY HYDRATING FACE MASK
#2 Diy Macadamia Oil Body Scrub
- ½ cup macadamia oil
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup coffee grounds
- 10 drops essential oil of your choice
Regular exfoliation regenerates the skin, removes the dead, dull skin cell layer and encourages the new skin cell growth. It is one of the most important steps of any skincare routine. This macadamia oil body scrub will leave your skin soft, smooth, well-nourished and glowing.
First mix the sugar and coffee grounds. Add the macadamia oil and mix. You should get the consistency of wet sand. If you want, you can also add some essential oil that you like.
Use this body scrub during your shower (it will make your tub very slippery, so be careful). Apply to a wet skin and exfoliate it for 5 – 10 minutes using gentle circular motions. Then wash the scrub off and apply a body moisturizer while your skin is still slightly damp.
READ NEXT: 5 BEST DIY SUGAR SCRUB RECIPES
#3 Diy Macadamia Oil Body Moisturizer
- ½ cup macadamia oil
- 1 cup shea butter or cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- around 15 drops your favorite essential oil
If you want to pamper your skin, you’ll hardly find a better product! This amazing body moisturizer combines the skincare benefits of macadamia oil with extremely nourishing natural moisturizers – cocoa butter and coconut oil. Customize the scent to your liking and you’ve got the only body lotion you’ll ever need!
In a double boiler, melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil. Remove from the heat, add the macadamia oil and, if you want, some essential oil and mix well. Let it cool down a bit. When the mixture starts to thicken, whip it with a whisk or a mixer.
Transfer your body lotion to a clean glass container. You can keep it at room temperature. Use this lotion after every shower to moisturize your whole body skin. You can also use it as a hand cream or foot moisturizer.
READ NEXT: HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN WHIPPED BODY BUTTER
#4 Diy Macadamia Oil Lip Balm
- 20g macadamia oil
- 10g cocoa butter
- a couple of drops of any essential oil
- 10g beeswax
The same way it benefits your skin, macadamia oil benefits your lips as well. The skin on your lips is thin, fragile and prone to drying out and cracking, and macadamia oil can help you treat all of that. It will moisturize your lips, help heal the cracks and make your lips soft, smooth and irresistible.
Melt the beeswax in a double boiler. When it is almost melted, add the cocoa butter and melt. Remove from the heat and add the macadamia oil. You can also add some essential oil to alter the scent, cinnamon oil for a lip plumper effect, or you can just leave it as it is.
Pour the mixture into a small container and let it set and solidify. Use it like you would any other lip balm – just apply a small amount every time you feel your lips are getting dry.
#5 Diy Macadamia Oil Leave-In Hair Treatment
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil or jojoba oil (buy here)
- 2 large teaspoons aloe vera gel
On top of numerous ways it can help your skin, macadamia oil benefits your hair as well.
This macadamia oil leave-in hair treatment can be a great addition to your haircare routine. It will strengthen your hair, make it soft, smooth and elastic, repair the damaged hair and add some extra shine to it.
First melt the coconut oil on a low heat. When it turns liquid, remove from the heat and add the macadamia and jojoba oil. In the end, add the aloe vera gel and mix everything well together.
Transfer the mixture to a clean glass container. Use it every time after you wash your hair. Just apply a small amount while your hair is still slightly damp and style it as usual.
READ NEXT: THE BEST DIY HAIR MOISTURIZER