This post may contain affiliate links. Any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you!
Try out this DIY yogurt face mask and watch how your skin transforms after every use…
I don’t know if you knew this, but lactic acid is one of the most desirable ingredients in contemporary beauty products. Check out the labels on cosmetics you use and you might find it there.
Lactic acid is a type of alpha-hydroxy acid. Athletes know it best as the annoying substance that causes burning sensations in their muscles after intense workout. But its exfoliating properties and anti-aging effect are what makes it famous in the skincare world.
Many cosmetic salons include this acid in their treatments, and if you can afford it, I say go for it. But, luckily, there is a product that is far less expensive but still very effective in promoting youthful looking skin – yogurt face mask.
In fact, this DIY yogurt face mask is one of the best treatments, homemade or not, you can use for your skin. It:
- Fights acne and pimples.
- Antioxidants in yogurt fight free radicals and that way prevent premature aging.
- Yogurt face mask moisturizes the skin.
- It smooths the skin and fades acne marks and other skin imperfections.
- Yogurt tightens pores and minimizes their appearance.
- Lactic acid is a mild exfoliator. It dissolves dead skin cells and gets you rid of that dull, dry layer of the skin.
- DIY yogurt face mask slows down the aging process. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, tightens up your skin and improves its elasticity.
- Yogurt soothes the skin and helps it recover from sun damage.
- It keeps your skin youthful, bright and healthy.
DIY Yogurt Face Mask
To make this yogurt face mask, you only need two ingredients – yogurt and freshly squeezed juice of orange, lemon or apple.
What’s specific about this mask and makes it incredibly effective in supplying the skin with nutrients and lifting your skin is the way you should apply it.
Start by applying the yogurt evenly to your face. You only need a very thin, semi-transparent layer. Wait for a couple of minutes for the yogurt to dry. (It will actually partially dry and partially your skin will absorb it.) You can feel the slight tightening sensation as it dries.
Pour the juice into a spray bottle. Then spray some juice over the yogurt layer. Apply another thin layer of yogurt. Repeat the process 5 – 10 times.
When the last layer dries, remove the yogurt mask from your face. You can use cotton balls for that. If you soak them in milk – even better. Rinse off the rest and wash your face using some gentle cleanser. Apply your night cream.
You should use this DIY yogurt face mask once a week, but only before going to bed since lactic acid increases skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
Awsome blog! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am bookmarking your feeds also
Thanks so much! ❤️️