This post may contain affiliate links. Any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you!
10 best DIY banana face mask recipes for each skin type and skin problem…
Banana is one of the most often used ingredients in DIY skincare. Its thick, creamy texture makes a perfect base for face and hair masks. It is more than affordable and most of us have it in our homes every single day. It smells great. And it has so many benefits for your skin, you would be crazy not to use it every once in a while.
Banana suits every skin type. It is non-comedogenic. It moisturizes your skin without making it oily. You can even use it to soothe irritated skin. Here are just some of the benefits your skin can get from a DIY banana face mask:
Benefits of Banana Face Masks For Your Skin:
- Banana is full of moisture. It hydrates dehydrated skin and moisturizes dry patches.
- You can use it to soothe skin irritations, especially those caused by skin dryness.
- It is also perfect for oily skin since it provides lots of moisture without making your skin greasy.
- Banana can help you in fighting acne. You can even use the inside of a banana peel to treat the affected areas, exfoliate your skin and soothe inflammations.
- It helps in fading acne scars and dark spots.
- This amazing fruit can help you keep aging signs at bay. It contains antioxidants that fight free radicals and stimulate collagen production.
- It strengthens connective skin tissue and makes your skin firm and elastic.
- Banana deep nourishes your skin and provides it with many nutrients, vitamins and minerals it needs to be healthy and glowing.
- DIY face masks with banana will make your skin soft, plump, supple, radiant, youthful, healthy and beautiful.
Seriously, there’s no a single reason not to include banana in your skincare routine. Give your skin some rest from toxins and chemicals and every now and then make some of the following DIY banana face masks – your skin will love them and you will love your skin…
1. Nourishing Diy Banana Face Mask
- a small piece of banana
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
Even normal skin type needs occasional nourishment and refreshment, and this mask is perfect for that. Milk contains lactic acid which exfoliates your skin and makes it look fresh and youthful. Matcha tea detoxifies the skin, soothes it and prevents premature aging signs.
Mash the banana until you get a smooth paste. Add milk and matcha powder and mix everything well. Apply the mask to a clean face. Leave it on 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse off using lukewarm water and apply a moisturizer right away. Use this mask 1 – 2 times a week.
2. Diy Banana Face Mask for Oily Skin
- a small piece of banana
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
People often think that oily skin type doesn’t need hydration. However, oily skin can be very dehydrated and not moisturizing it regularly can make it produce sebum even more. This face mask provides lots of natural moisture your skin needs and it doesn’t make it greasier at all!
Mash the banana piece until smooth. Add the orange juice and honey and mix everything well. When you get a smooth paste, apply the mixture to a clean face. Leave it on 15 – 20 minutes, then wash off using a gentle cleanser. Apply a lightweight moisturizer.
3. Diy Banana Face Mask for Dry Skin
- 1 small piece of banana
- 1 small piece of avocado
- a tablespoon of olive oil
This is a perfect combination for dry skin that needs some soothing and lots of moisture and nourishment. Avocado contains healthy fats that condition your skin and vitamins C and E that protect it from free radicals. Olive oil is one of the most nourishing natural oils, but if you want, you can replace it with something that suits you better.
Mash the banana and avocado pieces together. Add the olive oil and mix it all well. Apply a thick layer of the mask to a clean face. Massage it a bit into your skin and leave it like that 20 – 30 minutes. Wipe the mask off with a clean tissue and rinse off the rest. Apply your moisturizer while your skin is still damp.
4. Diy Banana Face Mask for Acne Prone, Oily Skin
- 1 – 2 tablespoons mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon kaolin clay
- 2 – 3 drops tea tree essential oil (buy here)
If excess oil, dirt and bacteria are causing those big red bumps to blossom across your face, this mask is just what you need to keep them under control without drying out your skin. Kaolin clay is gentle but effective in detoxifying the skin and collecting the excess oil. Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
All you have to do is mix all the ingredients well together. When everything is well combined, apply it to a clean face. Leave it on for about 10 minutes or until it dries. Rinse off well using lukewarm water and apply a lightweight moisturizer.
5. Diy Banana Face Mask for Dehydrated Skin
- a piece of banana
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- a few drops jojoba oil (buy here)
A great combination when you need an instant boost of hydration and energy. It will tone your skin, plump it up and get you rid of dull, greyish complexion. Aloe vera gel will brighten your skin and add some natural glow to it and banana will even out your complexion.
Mix approximately equal amounts of mashed banana and aloe vera gel. When your mixture is nice and smooth, apply it to a clean face. Massage your face for about 5 minutes, then leave the mask on for 15 more minutes. Rinse it off well and apply a moisturizer right away.
6. Diy Banana Face Mask for Blackheads
- banana peel
- a small piece of banana
- fresh lemon juice – 1 – 2 teaspoons
Banana peel is a popular remedy for blackheads and pimples because it gently and naturally exfoliates the skin, provides it with nutrients and antioxidants and soothes inflammations. Lemon juice is an astringent that tightens enlarged pores and that way prevents dirt, oil and bacteria from accumulating and causing blackheads.
Mash the banana piece with a fork. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
First, exfoliate your skin with the inside of the banana peel. Do this for about 10 minutes. Then apply the mask and leave it on for 10 – 15 minutes. Wash off, apply a face toner suitable for blackheads-prone skin and a lightweight moisturizer.
7. Diy Banana Face Mask for Irritated Skin
- 1 tablespoon mashed banana
- 1 – 2 teaspoons colloidal oatmeal (or oat flour)
- 1/2 tablespoon aloe vera gel
Colloidal oatmeal is often used in treating irritated skin. It can even soothe conditions like dermatitis, eczema or poison ivy rash. If you don’t have colloidal oatmeal, you can use oat flour or finely ground rolled oats.
Mash a banana until you get a completely smooth paste. Add just enough colloidal oatmeal to get a consistency that you like. Wash your face using a gentle organic cleanser and apply the mask. Leave it on 10 – 15 minutes, then rinse off and apply any natural oil or butter (shea butter works wonders for irritated skin).
8. Anti-Aging Diy Banana Face Mask
- 1 tablespoon mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon orange peel powder
- 2 teaspoons sweet almond oil
Aging skin needs a lot of moisture and a lot of antioxidants, and this mask provides both. Orange peel powder exfoliates the skin, bleaches dark spots, protects the skin against free radicals, regenerates it and improves collagen production. Almond oil smoothes and rejuvenates the skin and makes it soft, supple and elastic.
Mash a piece of banana with a fork. Add orange peel powder (here’s how you can make orange peel powder from scratch and 10 more ways to use it in DIY skincare products). In the end add sweet almond oil and mix everything well together. Use this mask as a part of your nighttime skincare routine 1 – 2 times a week.
9. Diy Banana Face Mask for Instant Skin Glow
- a piece of banana + the peel
- 1 teaspoon of thick yogurt
- ½ a teaspoon of ground mint leaves
This mask is great every time your skin starts to look dull and tired. Yogurt dissolves dead skin cells and exfoliates that dull layer. Mint brightens your complexion, soothes irritations, tones the skin and acts as an astringent.
Mash a piece of banana until you get a smooth paste. Grind a couple of mint leaves in a mortar. Add it to the banana puree. Add yogurt as well and mix everything together.
Rub your face thoroughly with the inside of the banana peel. Apply the mask and leave it on for around 20 minutes. Rinse the mask off well – first with warm water, then with cold. Apply your moisturizer while your face is still slightly damp.
10. Exfoliating Banana Face Mask/Scrub
- around 1 tablespoon mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
In the end, a super practical 2 in 1 DIY beauty product that will both exfoliate and nourish your skin. Sugar exfoliates the skin, improves microcirculation, acts as a humectant and improves collagen production. White sugar can be too harsh for your face skin, so use brown sugar instead.
Put the brown sugar in a small bowl. Add just enough of mashed banana to get a nice, thick, grainy consistency. For some extra nourishment, add a teaspoon of jojoba oil. Mix everything well.
Apply a thin layer to a clean face and exfoliate your skin with it for about 5 minutes. Then apply a thicker layer of the mask over the first one. Leave it like that for about 15 minutes. Wash it off using a gentle cleanser and apply your face cream right away. Use this amazing DIY banana face mask at least once a week.
READ NEXT: 5 BEST DIY SUGAR SCRUB RECIPES