This post may contain affiliate links. Any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you!
Why is aloe vera gel so good for your skin, how to extract it from the leaf and how to make a DIY aloe vera face mask that will suit you perfectly…
A true miracle plant, aloe vera has proven itself through the centuries as an amazing healing and cosmetic treatment. No matter your skin type, condition or problems – aloe vera gel has something to offer to everyone.
DIY face masks with aloe vera gel are some of the most often used natural products. They are inexpensive, easy to make and extremely beneficial to your skin. And, depending on what you add to it, a DIY aloe vera face mask can be suitable to any skin type.
Down below you can find how to make a DIY aloe vera face mask that will perfectly suit your skin. But first, let’s see how this amazing gel benefits your skin and why you should use it as often as you can.
8 Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel for Your Skin
- Aloe vera gel contains 96% water, vitamins A, B, C and E, salicylic acid, polysaccharides that stimulate new cell growth and many enzymes, minerals and amino acids.
- The soothing properties of aloe vera gel are unbeatable. You can use it to treat sunburns, wounds, cuts and all kinds of irritations.
- It is packed with antioxidants that protect your skin from the damaging effect of free radicals. This helps prevent premature aging signs and smooth out wrinkles and fine lines.
- The anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and healing properties of aloe vera gel can help you treat acne prone skin and even significantly reduce acne scars and dark spots.
- Aloe vera gel is an amazing non-greasy moisturizer that can help you replenish and restore dehydrated skin. This is very important since both oily and dry skin type can be dehydrated.
- It is so good in healing the skin, you can even use it to treat stretch marks.
- Aloe vera has astringent properties. It reduces the appearance of enlarged pores and evens out your complexion.
- DIY aloe vera face masks brighten your skin, plump it up, improve its elasticity and vitality and make it soft, smooth, clear, supple, youthful and glowing.
With all of that in mind, who wouldn’t want this amazing sticky, gooey gel all over his face? 🙂
So, first check out this video to learn how to extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
Then check out these 5 best DIY aloe vera face mask recipes, choose the one you think would suit you the most and start mixing – it might become your next favorite skincare product.
1. Diy Aloe Vera Face Mask for Acne
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- ½ – 1 tablespoon kaolin clay
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 – 3 drops tea tree oil
This mask is sooo good for acne prone skin. It is cleansing, detoxifying, soothing and non-comedogenic.
Kaolin clay will collect all traces of dirt and bacteria from your pores. Tea tree oil is perfect for acne because of its antibacterial effect. Honey and aloe vera will soothe and replenish the skin, nourish it and make it soft, smooth and glowing.
First mix aloe vera gel and honey. Add kaolin clay and mix well. If you want your mask to be thicker, add some more clay. In the end add the tea tree oil and mix everything well together.
Apply the mask to a clean face. Leave it on for around 10 minutes or until it dries. Wash it off and apply a lightweight moisturizer while your skin is still slightly damp.
2. Diy Aloe Vera Face Mask for Oily Skin
Oily skin can be very dehydrated and dull looking. So, on top of removing excess sebum, you also need to provide your skin with lots of moisture and antioxidants.
This mask is perfect for that. It is super-hydrating, refreshing, slightly exfoliating and with high vitamin content. It will matte your face and even out your complexion.
All you have to do is mix all the ingredients well together. When you get a smooth paste, apply it to a clean face. Leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes. Wash the mask off and apply a lightweight moisturizer right away.
3. Diy Aloe Vera Face Mask for Dry Skin
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon avocado
- 2 teaspoons finely ground rolled oats
This soothing creamy mask is a heaven for dry skin. It is so moisturizing and nourishing, perfect to repair the skin and restore its natural glow.
Mash the avocado well. When you get a smooth paste, mix it with the aloe vera gel. Add just enough ground oatmeal to get a nice, creamy consistency.
Wash your face and exfoliate it with some gentle scrub. Apply a thick layer of the mask and leave it on for 20 – 30 minutes. Wipe it off with a clean tissue, rinse off the residue and apply your moisturizer.
4. Diy Aloe Vera Face Mask for Dehydrated Skin
A perfect refreshment for your skin, very hydrating and full of vitamins and antioxidants.
Your skin can get dehydrated no matter your skin type. Every time your skin looks tired, dull and greyish, it probably needs some moisture and nourishment. This mask will boost your skin with energy, moisture and nutrients, plump it up and make it supple, clear and glowing.
Every time you’re blending a cucumber for a smoothie, take a spoon of it and make this mask. Mix it with the aloe vera gel and add a bit of sweet almond oil or any other natural oil.
Apply it to a clean face with a cotton ball. Leave it on for around 20 minutes. Rinse off and apply a moisturizer while your skin is still damp, to lock in the moisture.
5. Anti-Aging Diy Aloe Vera Face Mask
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon matcha green tea powder
Aging signs mostly appear due to the loss of water and the damage that free radicals make.
Coconut oil is an extremely nourishing oil that replenishes the moisture and improves your skin’s elasticity. Matcha tea is packed with antioxidants that help repair the damage and protect your skin against free radicals.
Melt the coconut oil. Remove from the heat and mix it with matcha powder. In the end, add the aloe vera gel and mix everything well together. Apply to a clean face and leave it on 20 – 30 minutes. Rinse it off and apply an anti-aging face cream.
If you already have your favorite DIY aloe vera face mask recipe, please leave it in the comments, I’d love to try it out. Aloe vera gel is one of my favorite skincare products and I’m always looking forward to the new ways to use it.